Airius is installed in athletic facilities around the world, from the local fitness club to professional sports stadiums. The steady, gentle flow of air from an Airius unit increases comfort for patrons and wicks sweat from the floor and equipment. Since temperatures can vary significantly from floor to ceiling in a stratified room, Airius sees particularly high adoption in facilities with bleachers, rock climbing gyms, and in locker rooms.
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Unlike oversized paddle fans which are typically installed behind cages in athletics facilities (often costing more than the unit itself!), Airius units do not need separate protective elements to prevent damage from sports equipment. Their smaller profile, without exposed fan blades, sturdy construction, and safety anchor point attached to the fan motor ensure that a wayward soccer ball or basketball poses no risk to the unit or the players underneath it.
In addition to lowering energy costs and increasing safety and comfort of the athletics facility, Airius fans can be optionally fitted with a PHI unit to mitigate odors and kill bacteria in locker rooms, potentially preventing the transmission of athlete’s foot and other contact and airborne infections.
- Designer SeriesWorking in concert, each Designer Series fan delivers gentle efficient air circulation to balance overall air temperature from ceiling to floor and wall to wall. Typically used in architecturally sensitive installations. Optional custom colors available.
- PHI Air PurificationPHI's proven technology can reduce sick building syndrome, significantly reduce gases/VOCs/odors and maintain healthy environments. Available as a factory installed option for select Air Pear free hanging fans, Air Pear suspended ceiling fans and Designer Series fans.
- Air Pear Free Hanging FansDesigned for open ceiling applications, an Air Pear system utilizes several fans working in concert to improve comfort, save on HVAC energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint. Air Pear fans can accommodate ceiling heights from 8 to 100 feet.
Benefits to Athletic Facilities:
- Up to 35% reduction of heating costs
- Up to 30% reduction of cooling costs
- Increased comfort for athletes and spectators
- Maximizes the efficiency of all types of HVAC systems
- Compact design allows the fans to fit in tight ceiling locations
- Simple installation
- Airius fans are freely suspended to deflect impacts from moving objects such as a basketball
- Utilizes process heat, lighting and solar gain
- Reduced run time on existing HVAC equipment
- Reduced internal condensation and wet floors
- Reduced ceiling temperatures increasing lighting lifespan
- PHI units help mitigate odors, viruses, bacteria and VOCs
Made in the U.S.A.!
- Indoor Sport Stadiums
- Dance Studios
- Indoor Cycling Facilities
- Indoor Tracks
- Ice Rinks
- Rock Climbing Gyms
- Bowling Alleys
- Locker Rooms
- Indoor Practice Fields
- Indoor Tennis Courts
- “FYI, The destrat fans installed over the summer have had a huge; positive impact in terms of comfort. We have monitored this over several months and find them to be money well spent. Our ambient temperature is steady 68°-70° throughout gymnasium. We no longer make adjustments on a regular basis. The space is untouched and comfortable. Job well done.” – Ken Sugza, George Washington School #1, Elizabeth NJ School District
- “The difference has been immediate and profound…you can really feel the air movement under the fans, despite the fact that they are 30 feet above you. My students are delighted.” – Beverly Sobelman, Versatile Arts Studio