Rock gyms are notoriously difficult to comfortably heat and cool. Climbers moving to the top of the structure are hot from exerting themselves as well as moving into warmer, stratified air while their partners stand still at the cooler floor below. With the addition of an Airius destratification fan system, you will balance air temperatures from ceiling to floor and wall to wall, leading to increased comfort for patrons and employees alike, while the owner enjoys lower HVAC energy costs.
Airius fans can be factory fitted with the optional PHI cell to mitigate mold, bacteria, viruses, VOCs and odors. A perfect fit for active indoor sports facilities such as climbing gyms.
Because each facility is unique, please contact Airius or your local representative to specify your system. Various applications require different models based on considerations other than maximum throw. Air Speed, activity level, objects, noise, and other factors may affect model selection and placement.
- Designer SeriesWorking in concert, each Designer Series fan delivers gentle efficient air circulation to balance overall air temperature from ceiling to floor and wall to wall. Typically used in architecturally sensitive installations. Optional custom colors available.
- Air Pear Free Hanging FansDesigned for open ceiling applications, an Air Pear system utilizes several fans working in concert to improve comfort, save on HVAC energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint. Air Pear fans can accommodate ceiling heights from 8 to 100 feet.
Benefits to climbing gyms:
- Up to 35% reduction of heating costs
- Up to 30% reduction of cooling costs
- Increased comfort for athletes and spectators
- Maximizes the efficiency of all types of HVAC systems
- Simple installation
- Utilizes process heat, lighting and solar gain
- Reduced run time on existing HVAC equipment
- Reduced internal condensation and wet floors
- Reduced ceiling temperatures increasing lighting lifespan
- PHI units help mitigate odors, viruses, bacteria, and VOC’s
- Indoor Cycling Facilities
- Indoor Tracks
- Ice Rinks
- Rock Climbing Gyms
- Bowling Alleys
- Locker Rooms
- Indoor Fields
- Indoor Courts
- “I would like to compliment your company on a fine product, the Thermal Equalizer. We use these fans for an indoor Rock Climbing Gym application in a 6,000 sq. ft warehouse with 30 foot ceilings. Rock Climbing Gyms present a unique challenge for ventilation and air circulation, because climbers at the top of the wall are hot from exerting themselves, and their partners on the ground are cold while standing still. Therefore we must reverse the natural temperature gradient in the space. The AIRIUS Thermal Equalizer is perfect in this application for several reasons. First, they are strong fans which really move the warm air down to floor level. Second the fans are quiet, we use eight fans and you can barely hear them while running. Third, because of their compact size we can put them close to the climbing wall without the risk of a climber being struck by a moving fan blade. Fourth, they are energy efficient, and we save on air conditioning costs. Last but not least, they look nice!” – Matt Lambert, Rogue Rock Gym, Oregon