Unlike oversized paddle fans which are typically installed behind cages in athletics facilities (often costing more than the unit itself!), Airius units do not need separate protective elements to prevent damage from sports equipment. Their smaller profile, without exposed fan blades, sturdy construction, and safety anchor point attached to the fan motor ensure that a wayward soccer ball or basketball poses no risk to the unit or the players underneath.
Additionally, the use of the unobtrusive Airius Air Pears in sports and basketball halls means:-
- No large rotating blades collecting dust or distracting competitors
- No three phase power requirements
- No costly yearly maintenance programmes
- No structural changes needed for support
- No expensive lighting designs needed
- No distractions for audience or competitors
In addition to lowering energy costs and increasing safety and comfort of the athletics facility, Airius fans can be optionally fitted with a PHI unit to mitigate odours or mould and kill bacteria in locker rooms, potentially preventing the transmission of athlete’s foot and other contact and airborne infections.