Fight mold, bacteria, viruses, VOCs and odors with the optional factory installed Photohydroionization (PHI) cell that emits advanced oxidation plasma (0.01 – 0.02 ppm). The fan circulates Hydro-Peroxides, super oxide ions and hydroxide ions throughout the space, neutralizing more than 99 percent of micro-organisms. PHI’s proven technology can reduce sick building syndrome, significantly reduce gases/VOCs/odors and maintain healthy environments. Available as a factory installed option for select Air Pear free hanging fans, Air Pear suspended ceiling fans and Designer Series fans.
Kansas State Univ. Testing
The PHI cell successfully removed 99%+ of the following germs from the air:
- Bird Flu
- Bacillius Globigii
- Bacillus Cereus
- Clostridium Difficile
- E. Coli
- Listeria Monocytogenes
- Pseudomonas Sp.
- Staphylococcus Aureus
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae
- Stachybotrys Chartarum
The breakthrough in the PHI advanced oxidation technologies is a group of oxidants known as Hydroperoxides. Hydroperoxides have been a common part of our environment for over 3.5 billion years. Hydroperoxides are created in our atmosphere whenever three components are present: oxygen molecules, water vapor and energy (electro-magnetic). PHI has the ability to create hydroperoxides.
Ionized-Hydro-Peroxides are very effective at destroying harmful microbials in the air and on surfaces. As oxidants, they do this by either destroying the microbe through a process known as cell lysing or by changing its molecular structure and rendering it harmless (which is the case in VOC’s and odors). The amount of hydroperoxides required to accomplish this task in a conditioned space is well below the level that is constantly in our outside air. The Advanced Oxidation Technology found in the PHI product family has brought the oxidants found in the outside air into the conditioned space of your home.
There is no known case of hydroperoxides ever creating a health risk. Considering we have been exposed to hydroperoxides in nature since the day man stepped on the planet, it is a reasonable assumption that hydroperoxides do not constitute a health risk.
PHI-Cell® trademark, Photohydroionization® trademark, are trademarks or registered trademarks of RGF Environmental Group, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Used to mitigate airborne bacteria, mold, viruses, smoke, odors and VOCs in applications such as:
- Care / Nursing Homes
- Doctors’ Offices
- Selected Retail
- Schools / Colleges
- Weight Rooms / Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Food Preparation Facilities
- Children’s Nursery’s
- Waste Disposal & Refuse areas
- Swimming Pools
- Restrooms / Showers / Toilets
- Medical & first Aid Facilities
- Bars / Nightclubs
- Smoking Areas
Samples of university & independent lab tests and major corporation studies
- 4-log reduction (99.99%) surface bacteria/virus reduction
- Over 80% VOC reduction
- 78% of microbes in human sneeze killed at 3 feet
- 97% airborne bacterial reduction
- 99% reductions of Ecoli, Listeria, Strep and Bird Flu
- 85% odor reduction
- 97% airborne mold reduction
- US Military approved for mold protection in field hospitals
- Hospital approvals Infectious Diseases – U.S. and International 99% reduction of Staph (MRSA)
- 99% food surface microbial reduction
- Major US city school reports 20% reduction in absenteeism
- Tested and approved by the Chinese Government for protection against the SARS virus
- Approved by the USDA, FSIS and FDA for use in food processing plants
Airius warrants products listed below will operate properly and be free of defects in materials and workmanship according to the following terms:
- Photohydroionization (PHI) Cell: 2 Years (All Parts/Components)
- Recommended bulb replacement after 2 years
Please refer to the Installation, operation and maintenance guide for full warranty details.